Event Operations and Marketing Intern (Houston, TX)
PEOPLE GENERATION, INC., PRODUCING COMPANY OF MAGICAL WINTER LIGHTS ®, IS LOOKING FOR AN EVENT OPERATIONS AND MARKETING INTERN STARTING IN JUNE 2017.
THIS POSITION IS UNPAID. THE POSITION MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR AN PAID OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ON-SITE AT THE 2017 MAGICAL WINTER LIGHTS FESTIVAL AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE INTERNSHIP.
This position reports to the PR & Events Manager and will help coordinate event production and marketing efforts for Magical Winter Lights, the largest lantern festival in the United States and the larger holiday event in Houston.
- General office administrative duties including answering phones, supply runs and recording meeting minutes.
- Assist in correspondence with potential sponsors, vendors and other event related partners.
- Assist in organizing expenses, acquiring quotes from operational service providers.
- Assist in marketing and PR campaigning planning.
- Assist in planning, logistics and execution of projects.
- Conduct event related research.
- Must be willing to work in a culturally diverse environment and with teams from other parts of the world.
- Must be self motivated and reliable.
- Must be organized and have the capacity to manage multiple projects at once.
- Must be interested in obtaining a career in event operations and event planning.
- Must be wiling to make tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- General knowledge of marketing communications and event coordination best practices.
- Must be able to initiate innovative ideas.
- Spanish or Mandarin Chinese skills a plus.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- College juniors, seniors or recent college grads majoring in or with a degree in business administration, marketing or related fields.
Customer Service, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Drive, Vendor Management, Content Writing, Event Production, WordPress, Themed Entertainment experience
How To Apply
Send resume, first and last name, and a valid phone number to email@example.com with subject line "Event Marketing & Operations Intern".